Blogging is a great
way to raise awareness of your business, your product, it services and develop
an online presence. It is simple, effective and importantly anyone can
do it, you do not have to be a marketing expert!
The advantage of
Blogging is it is all about you. There is only so much you can say in a
Facebook post, or 140 characters on Twitter but Blogging allows you to give
much more details insight into your business, yourselves and write about what
makes you great at what you do.
Blogging & Your Business….
Blogging gives your
business a personality, a voice and gives your customers an insight into the
business and its values. It encourages collaboration and discussion not just
with customers but with other people associated with the industry and helps
develop your businesses reputation in the garment decoration industry.
What makes blogging
great is the fact it is all about you and your business, you can write about
anything. Common things wrote about by garment decorators includes latest news,
product reviews, latest offers, promotions, thoughts and opinions on what is
affecting the business.
Creating Engaging Content…
Write about your business, simply write about its strengths and why it is great is and why you love print, embroidery, the industry and your customers.
But the key is to make the content interesting and stand out from your competitors, here are some simple tips to help:
- Create an eye catching title for your Blog (N.B. Just think what would you click and read plus what would you ignore).
- Use images, just a few pictures to support the blog you are writing. Using an image increases the likelihood of catching a reader’s attention.
- Tag your blog, this categorizes your blog. Readers can filter through and find your thoughts on a specific topic.
· Do not make your blog too long! There is a fine line between engaging and boring a reader. Make your blog concise and to a point, many readers will not read essays. Your blog can be any length but be wary of boring the reader.
· Blogging is fun, customers love honesty, your views and thoughts are much more likely to create engagement then writing something with no personality. (You want to give your business some character after all).
Blogging & SEO….
Using a Blog is also a great way to improve your businesses performance in Search Engines. It is a simple way of writing about your keywords and gaining some links back to your site from people who love your content sharing it!
One Last Thought…
You can of course integrate a blog into your website using a bespoke web design company. But, there are a wide range of FREE blogs out there for your business including Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger, Medium, Weebly and 100s more. Blogging is a cost effective way of growing your online presence, developing an online personality and increasing traffic to your website.
So what are you waiting for…. Get Blogging!